Mackerel “escabèche” with citrus, marinated vegetables
- 1 Large mackerel
- 1 Small fennel
- 10cl of Noilly Prat Original Dry
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 Cherry tomatoes
- 10 Orange segments
- 1 Small onion
- 1 Yellow carrot
- 1 Orange carrot
- Lemon juice
- Wash and debone the mackerel fillets, dry them well.
- Peel the carrots and onion, slice the whole as well as the fennel.
- Pour the Noilly Prat Original Dry in a pan. Add the bay leaf and the sliced vegetables.
- Bring to boil. Cook until simmer for 5 min.
- Then add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, the orange segments, the two mackerel fillets.
- Turn off gas, keep pan covered for 10 min.
- Present the food on 2 large plates.
- Finish by adding the cherry tomatoes cut in rondels and season with salt and pepper. Serve tepid.