Rouge & pan seared cuttlefish
red pepper purée & chorizo with thyme
- 6 Cuttlefish
- 2 Red peppers
- 1 Sliced onion
- 1/2 Sliced garlic clove
- Colour in a little bit of oil the onion and the garlic, add the pieces of sliced pepper as well as the spices, leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and withdraw the thyme and the bay leaf.
- Mix everything with a mixer and pass in a colander and keep warm.
- Wash carefully the seiches and gut the inside then rub with a tea towel with coarse salt in order to get rid of the small skin.
- Cut in small stripes the chorizo and place it in a oven safe dish with the thyme.
- Divide into square with the tip of a knife the seiches and sear for 10 seconds with a dash of olive oil.
- Briefly cook the stripes of chorizo with thyme in the oven.
- Present the seiches onto two large plates, add the mash of pepper and finish dressing with the stripes of chorizo with a dash of olive oil.